So I missed my meeting/ weigh in last week because of our mini-vacation to Cedar Point/ Michigan so no post last week.
Last week: 157.8lbs
This week: 160.8lbs
Change: + 3lbs
So, I was really, really unhappy with last night’s weigh in. Now, I think the three-pound gain can probably be chalked up to water weight from the weekends in Michigan, but honestly, that doesn’t make much of a difference to me right now. As I was inputting my weight, I realized I’m a mere four pounds from where I started a year ago. I’m also ten pounds up from my lowest back in February. It’s hard to nail down my exact emotions with regard to this realization. I’m not angry – though maybe I should be. I’m not disappointed – though, again, maybe I should be. I’m not even really upset about it. More than anything it’s eye-opening and motivating. It’s proof that I’ve been slacking, and that is unacceptable. It’s a kick in the ass to get my shit together again. This week
I’ve set some very basic and hardline goals.
- Track 7/7 days
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily
- Three workouts (Today, Saturday and Monday)
- Drink at least 100 oz of water daily.
If I achieve all 4 goals, at 100% success, I’m going to buy a copy of The Bloggess new book Let’s Pretend this Never Happened. I have a hard time finding rewards that I want enough to really motivate my self-discipline, but I REALLY want this book.
That’s it for this week. Short and sweet. See you next Wednesday!
Regular posting and two posts in one day! Who I am?! I was going to post this yesterday since I’ve been doing my goals on Tuesday, but I wanted to post my goals with the return of my Weight Watchers Wednesday weigh in posts. So first up…
Weight Watchers Wednesday
Last week: 158.2lbs
This week: 157.8lbs
So last week was my first official post-marathon weigh in. I gained a total of 8 lbs over the course of marathon training. I’m not terribly upset about this as I was expecting some weight gain, but I’m definitely ready to get things headed in the other direction again.
I do wonder about how much of the weight gain is actual muscle. I can tell I’ve gained leg muscle. There’s definitely some definition in my quads that wasn’t there before and don’t even get me started on my calves. My clothes don’t really feel 8 lbs worth of tighter either. But I also know I didn’t gain 8 lbs of muscle. I’m not really worried about it one way or the other since my goal weight is still my goal weight, but it is something I’ve been thinking about.
Moving right along…
I’m not going to lie. I kind of fell apart on last week’s goals after Friday. Friday evening I went to a girl’s night with my friend Colleen at her mom’s house. There was lots of snacking, and a little too much drinking, and absolutely no tracking. Nights like that tend to derail my tracking. They don’t send me flying off the bandwagon, but since they throw off my whole concept of how many points I have left, I just sort of give up on tracking. Let’s review, shall we?
- Food Journal 5 out of 7 days. I did pretty good on this one until Friday. I should have at made a list on my phone since that would have helped keep me from eating too many snackies. Ultimately I journaled 4 out of the 5 days I wanted.
- Stay out of the pantry after dinner. I did really well on this one. I made a point to stay out of the pantry and not snack in the evening. Friday things went to hell when I went out, and Sunday I got my snack on excessively at Mother’s Day dinner. The problem on Sunday was I let myself get to hungry though. This was 5/7
- Light exercise 3 days. I biked on Thursday night, went for an easy run on Saturday morning and hiked on Sunday. 3/3
- Repeating the water goal: 100 – 150 oz daily particularly on the weekends I came up short on Saturday. (I tracked 85 oz; it is possible I drank more and forgot to track it.) Otherwise I was between 100 – 150oz every day, and my overall average was more than 100oz per day.
As far as this week’s goals go, I’m going to be heading out-of-town Thursday evening and coming back on Tuesday. We’re going to Cedar Point on Friday and spending the rest of the long weekend at my family’s house. I could resign myself to just calling it a bad week already, but I really want to try my best to stay on track so my goals are aiming towards just that.
- Water Goal: 100 oz minimum daily.
- Fruits and Veggies: 5 servings minimum daily
- Tracking: 7 out of 7 days. (My real goal here is to track the weekend even if it’s just keeping a running list in a memo on my phone and not actually tracking points til later)
- Workout: 3 times
- Alcoholic drinks: 3 max per day.
Hopefully I can keep things on track for another loss next week!
I’m sure you all are anxiously awaiting my marathon recap, but it’s turning out to be a much more difficult post to write than I ever expected it to be. Hopefully by the end of the week. Anyway, on to the goals starting with a review of last week’s goals. Things were going very well to start last week, but between my marathon, marathon recovery, and the wonderful cold I picked up during the marathon, things pretty much fell apart over the weekend.
- Track 6 out of 7 days (I’m more or less giving myself marathon day off tracking.) Well, I tracked like a champ until Saturday. I only ended up tracking 5/7 days
- Eat clean/ limit eating out to two meals (preferably post-marathon) This was actually a totally unrealistic/ poorly planned goal on my part. I should have expected that I’d be eating out for most of my meals on Saturday, and that I probably wasn’t going to be up for much cooking on Sunday or Monday. Plus Nik and I had planned a lunch out on Monday. However, I didn’t eat out at all prior to the marathon which was really the intention of this goal. So even though, I ultimately ate out 5 meals, I do consider this goal somewhat of a success.
- Drink 100 – 150 oz of water daily. I didn’t track on Saturday, but even without Saturday, I drank a total of 791 oz of water which averages to 113 oz a day.
- Gentle stretching/ restorative yoga two times I did this on Wednesday and last night. 2/2
- Create/ Find marathon check list and pack up by Thursday night. I was actually fully packed (minus a few things I needed on Friday morning) and ready to go before I went to bed Thursday night. This is a major victory for me since I’m usually scrambling to pack at the last-minute. 1/1
So despite not reaching my tracking and eating out goals I had an overall success rate of 83% this week. Not too shabby considering. So this week’s goals. My main goal for the week is to get my eating back on track. Now that marathon training is over I need to get back to sticking to my daily points plus target. I also want to make sure I’m getting some light activity in to help my poor little legs recover. With that in mind here are my goals:
- Food Journal 5 out of 7 days. The goal here being to make sure I’m actually hungry when I’m eating.
- Stay out of the pantry after dinner. If I’m hungry after dinner I have to stick to the fridge; ya know, where the fresh fruits and veggies live. If I’m not hungry enough to eat fruits or veggies, I probably don’t really need to eat.
- Light exercise 3 days. I’m hoping to get an easy bike ride in tomorrow night with Nik, and him, and I are planning our first hike for this weekend (provided my legs are feeling up to it.) That leaves me one other day to fit in a light workout of some sort.
- Repeating the water goal: 100 – 150 oz daily particularly on the weekends which is when I struggle most with hydration.